Thursday, December 07, 2006

Norwich Naughtiness

Tonight I will be finalising Assignment Number 12 (hurrah!) for submission to Writing Course Anonymous. When I start my next assignment, Number 13, I would have already planned and researched (and maybe even started) my first novel. How exciting is that?!

Yes, the next assignment deals with character profiles - so the characters in my novel will form my submission - my attempt at intertwining my writing commitments. In tandem with these profiles, I will be planning out what is going to happen to these poor sods and research like a demon to make it all sound and feel authentico.

But before that, I've got many books to read and three pieces to write (two short stories and one article); as well as finish off my current shorty, which has recently been causing me grief.

So, still a little way to go before I can put pen to paper on the Big One, the main event, the big kahuna - i.e. THE NOVEL, dum dum daaahhh.

In related news, I'm off to Norwich this Friday (for a big birthday bash for Griggs; Paul Griggs). Joining me on the ever reliable UK train system will be The Jingo and Assignment 12. We've booked a seat by the window for AT (as I like to call him); he likes watching the cows scatter in fright, their udders swinging widly from side to side, as fifteen carriages of metal go hurtling by, inches from their little grassy abodes. However, the purpose of bringing him along is not for him to watch the scenery, but so that The Jingo (my in-house editor and all round nice gal) will be checking to make sure he's up to scratch and fit for submission to The WCA (no, not the Women's Cricket Association - but the Writing Course Anonymous).

The Jingo has been impressed by my last two efforts into the world of literary dribble, so here's hoping for a hattrick.

And then, its off to Norwich for drugs, sex and rude cupcakes.

No comments: