Tuesday, July 31, 2012

seven . . . carrying the weight

Today, I didn't write.  Not a word.  Not even this blog (which I am doing three days from now . . . in the FUTURE).  It was just one of those days - filled with jobs and appointments and weight lifting.

I'm cool with it.  Stressed me out a little bit, but I got over it.  Sometimes, it just doesn't happen.  Of course, that is a poor excuse.  Don't have time?  You make time.  So my bad on this one and I have apologised to myself for dropping the ball.

Missing a writing session creates a weight on your shoulders, especially if you have a deadline to meet or a timetable to keep to, like I do.  One day wasted means one day to catch up; it means you are behind the eight ball.  String too many of those wasted days together and deadlines start to look daunting.

Best thing to do is get right back into it.  Forgive yourself and don't dwell on it.  Because you can make it up.  Missing a day does add a burden to your future working schedule, but as I found out tonight at the ExCel centre in London, us people are capable of carrying a degree of weight around quite successfully, sometimes up to three times our own body weight.

You just have to make sure you are in the right weight category.
Om Yun Chol of Korea takes Gold

No comments: